Evaluation for Final Piece - Unit 7 Time


For my final piece I created a motion time-lapse which showed the movement of cars on a dual carriage way. I searched online for other time-lapse that displayed movement in them as well as looked at other time-lapse that I have created for inspiration on what to capture and how to do so. The practical skills I used for this were using a camera with a tripod as well as video editing software. This has allowed me to create time-lapses faster as well as at a better quality. The problem solving that I had to do was to think of how many shots I needed for how many seconds I needed as well as how long that would take to actually shoot with the 10 second intervals of each shot. After the experimentation that I did I wrote up about what was good about it and what I needed to improve and why, which then enabled me to re-shoot and create a better, more professional final piece. In conclusion, doing this project allowed me to be able to create a more professional time-lapse and have the knowledge of how to calculate how long it will take to take a specific amount of shots for a specific amount of footage. 
The things that I changed and learnt from the first time-lapse that I created of this shot to the final piece was that I got a sturdier tripod so that it put movement to a minimum as well as making sure that I don't touch the camera or tripod in anyway so there wont be a jump in the end result like it did with the previous time-lapse. Another thing that I learnt and changed was to give it time and be patient so that it can capture more images to end up with a longer more interesting video, as the first time I only left it to do it for around 40 minutes where as the second time I left it for almost 2 hours. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Piece - Motion Time lapse