My takes on a Branislav Kropilak piece

Branislav Kropilak has one of my favourite styles of photography due to his subject in the series he did and the use of editing to show more of one colour from the image.

For these images I used an original image and then edited them to show more colour in a style similar to Branislav Kropilak. In the series “Landings”, Kropilak takes slow shutter images of aeroplanes going in for landing to show the lights on the plane.  
This creates a solid line in the path which the plane has taken, along with the individual flashes of light from the alternating red and white of the landing lights in the centre of the plane itself.  

He then emphasises the colours in the sky by editing the images to show more of that one colour, seemingly making the whole image that one colour. 

To create my interpretation of his work, I imported my original slow shutter images into Photoshop and then adjusted the hue and sometimes the saturation.


This is one of my original images that I took, I haven't edited this image at all but I will be doing so.


The steps for editing the images to a similar way are short and simple. First I went to 'Enhance' then 'Adjust Colour' then to 'Adjust Hue/Saturation'. Just like the image below. Each version of Photoshop might be slightly different but they should be fairly similar.


Next I change the Hue first by moving the slider to where it made the colour in the image change to where it matched the colour I was looking for. (Note that the slider says red but the image is blue, this is because the slider doesn't match the colour that it will make the image go so you will have to move the slider around a bit to find the colour you want.)

Finally I just adjusted the saturation to make the colour more prominent by moving the Saturation slider to the right a bit.
 
And then, just save it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Piece - Motion Time lapse